Get Your Accounting Done Professionally
Reasons why clients use our Davao City CPA Accountancy Firm:
- We’re Davao City Based Accountants
- You can contact us 7 days per week
- Business Focused CPA’s
- Free Consultation
- Friendly and Approachable
Bookkeeping is essential to tracking your business financials and giving you a clear understanding of where your business is at. Without accurate financial data you can never fully understand your business.
Davao Accountants & Bookkeeping services is family owned and operated helping businesses in Davao City with their bookkeeping, accountancy and financial goals.
Davao City Accountants was founded by local entrepreneur and CPA Shelumiel Ryan Abapo, who is also co founder of virtualstaff.ph and part time lecturer at Ateneo de Davao University where he specializes in accountancy and taxation.
At Davao Accountants, we view our clients as an extension of our family, taking great pride in creating accurate financials that help you run and grow your business. Do you employ 100+ employees? or do you employ two or three employees? or perhaps you’re a brand new start up business? Don’t worry we have you covered, and with our professional, personalised cost effective solutions, we’re confident in our ability to be able to help you and your business with all of your bookkeeping, accountancy and financial goals.
Want a FREE quote?
We know that as a business owner you’re busy and want to spend your time maximizing profits and growing your business. Davao Accountants would like to offer you a free consultation with one of our Davao City CPA’s and business experts so you can judge for yourself and see if we’re the right choice for you and your business.
Booking your free Davao City accountancy consultation could not be easier. Simply enter your details in the contact form below and one of our Davao City Accountants will contact you to arrange a date and time that is best for you.
We’ve teamed teamed up with Davao City CPAs, Professionals and entrepreneurs to come up with five secrets to help you start growing your business in Davao City. Although simple in nature, we assure you that our research has shown each of these tips to be extremely successful for helping you as a business owner to increase both revenue and profitability.
1. Budget: This might sound simple, but our research shows that over 70% of small businesses, start-up’s and entrepreneurs fail to stick to a budget. Even more frighteningly, over 50% don’t even set a budget at all!
Now here’s the thing, budgeting for the sake of budgeting is a waste of time. However budgeting towards specifics with an outcome and objective in mind is vital to business success. Here’s a real simple example of why budgeting is key:
Company A sells a product online via their website for P2,000 each. The profit on the P2,000 (deducting the cost of purchasing the item) is P1,500, meaning they are making 75% Gross Profit per item sold. Now excluding other fixed costs, they have to attract customers to buy the product….. I mean, waiting patiently without action is basically business suicide!
So company A has P1500 profit per item, which means they can not exceed P1500 on marketing costs to attract a new customer, otherwise they will be going of business real quick. So the key formula here would be:
Gross Profit – cost of customer acquisition = the budget needed to both bring in revenue for the business, and calculate what can be done to increase customer acquisition while doing so in a profitable manner.
2. Closing Sales: Without sales your business is finished! Without sales your business can be considered a kabiguan! Sales and revenue are the lifeblood of any enterprise. Regardless of your business size, you might be a start up business who has zero employees, or a growing company with 2-10 staff, or even if your a multi national like PLDT! All these business need revenue to survive, grow, and continue to stay in the game of business.
Learning from VirtualStaff.ph founder and Virtual Boss Michael Brodie, here is the most valuable lesson that he taught me
“It can be uncomfortable to ask people for their money. Too many business people put their offering out there and wait. If a prospect or potential customer doesn’t quickly see the value of your product or service and jump right in to buy it or participate in some way such as an appointment to talk about it, the salesperson and business person may start to lose confidence in their product. This wavering of confidence weakens their desire to close the sale and in tern results in less interaction with customers, and in time the failure of the business as an entity”
3. Choosing the right staff: Your employees are often the interaction that the customer has with your business or brand. Now it does not matter if your revenue is only P300,000 a year, P3,000,000 a year or even P300,000,000+ per year. The simple fact remains that the revenue comes from the customers who are paying for your product or service. Your job is to do whatever it takes to give them a five star experience that turns them into RAVING FANS! I mean word of mouth advertising in 2017 is the best advertising you can have. Just imagine one person who is so delighted with the service you provide, what do they do?
They tell friends in person, which statistically is around 10 people they will tell. Then in 2017, the real advantage here is they also post about it online through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ etc, which in turn gets likes and shares and compounds into a potentially positive advertising message for your brand from a credible third party source that reaches 500+ people!
So bottom line here is simple. Don’t hire the cheapest staff but hire the best value staff that provide the best service and value the job that you’re offering them. Create a team and watch your business revenue skyrocket.
4. Don’t overvalue education: For a Filipino accountancy practice in Davao City to come out and say this you must all be in shock. How can we say something that is the opposite of what our school system has taught us?
Here’s the thing, education is great. Education is fantastic, and education can help change peoples lives. But let me say this very clearly. Have you ever wondered why the most successful people around the world in the USA, UK, Australia etc are not the most educated?.So if formal education is not the most vital thing, what is?
Three Keys to hiring the best staff:
1. Formal education to a reasonable standard is of course essential for most jobs.
2. Desire. This is the key to it all, you need people smart and hungry. You need people who are prepared to do what it takes to succeed. You need people who understand the company values and share that vision with you. We challenge you to create a team like that and great success will come your way
3. Willing to learn: Life is an education, learning never stops after school. In fact, in many cases people who are average at school are usually average because the education system taught in a way that is not in line with how they learn. Some people learn from the job and hard knocks of life significantly more than they ever did at school.
5. Be Careful With Your Money: The fifth principle for business success is tight financial controls and good budgeting. Successful companies use accurate bookkeeping and accounting systems. They put these systems in place at the very beginning and carefully record every peso that they spend.
Even the largest multi-national companies–those that do billions of pesos in sales each year–tend to be very careful with their expenditures. They’re constantly looking for ways to cut costs while maintaining the same level of quality. They focus on frugality at all times.